“PHOENIX RISING!” A SPRING SHORT STORY CONTEST
The deadline has been extended to April 30th!
Despite the last few days of rough weather, (at least here in Manitoba!) that doesn’t mean we, at the Writers’ Guild, aren’t gearing up for Spring. That includes our latest short story contest.
The theme? What’s normally associated with Spring? Snow melting and nature coming out of a big sleep! The end of the old and the beginning of something new. The circle of life. What better represents that than the mythical creature of legend (and several Marvel Comics) – the Phoenix?
That’s our only theme criterion for this contest. It can be a story set at the end of time or even a romantic comedy. If it incorporates the Phoenix in some capacity, if it’s about life reborn, or about rebirth (renewal), it’s a go.
Feel free to send your manuscripts following submission guidelines (below) to email@example.com. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- Short story must be 2,500-7,000 words max.
- Short story content must contain G to PG13 rated content.
- Please include page numbers in the upper right-hand corner of your document with the story title in the header of each page.
- Please include a separate cover letter with your submission that includes your name, home and email addresses, telephone number, story title and word count on the first page. Please specify if you’re a Guild member, non-member, or member of another out of province writing organization.
- We are only accepting email submissions for this contest. Please make sure file is sent as a .pdf, .doc/.docx or .txt Document.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 30th, 2022
Prize: $100 McNally Robinson Gift card
Your story published in our newsletter